Stop losing viewers and customers because you are not creating video content, or worse, your content is low-quality, boring, or embarassing. When you know how to produce high-quality concise videos, you can effortlessly grow your audience and business.
webcastingandvirtualevents.com gathered the following information about video content creation tools and 5 tips to help you create more engaging and effective video content.
5 Content Creation Tips
Content drives your audience’s actions or inaction. Where written content leaves off with deliverable information, video content combines motion, sound, and visuals that deliver a more impactful message, captivating your audience’s attention. Use the following five tips to create high-quality video content:
1. Define Your Video Strategy
Use video content’s versatility to your advantage by defining:
- Video length (short bite-size snippets or long documentary-style formats)
- Standalone message or unfolding, serialized conversations
- Which content delivery platform(s) (blog, website, email, youtube, etc.)
- Combined with other relevant/support content
Keep in mind that some of your content may be initially delivered as a brief article or blog post, then if well-received, you can repurpose and further develop that content as a video.
Note: Producing video content can be likened to storytelling and can take many forms – such as corporate films, brand films, animation, social media videos, etc. – to provide answers and solutions your audience requires. The best storytellers get paid with eyeballs and attention.
2. Convey Tone and Values
Video can deliver emotion, sincerity, and thoughtfulness in ways text cannot. Consider the following delivery methods and which serves your goal and would be of interest to your audience:
- Host an interview with an expert in your field.
- Host a group or roundtable discussion on relevant topics from multiple perspectives.
- Create video content demonstrating your brand’s expertise, or the impactful role your product plays in areas of your audience’s interest.
- Respond to or discuss controversial or sensitive current events to display your brand or company’s values.
3. Answer Your Audience’s Questions
When searching for DIY projects, tutorials, product demos, guides, etc., most audiences gravitate toward video content (as evidenced by top google results for such searches). Reading material provides a mechanical understanding of the topic. Still, video can convey that same understanding while demonstrating the subtleties needed to finish a task or fully address the viewer’s intent. Consider these ideas:
- Create How-To video content that demonstrates shortcuts or hacks for typically complicated actions and processes.
- Thoroughly review or compare products or solutions using their key features to display any advantages they may possess or lack.
- Walk your viewers through a complex process, showing them step-by-step (in a simplified manner) how to reach their objective.
Determine which “problems” your audience is having and give them the most precise and uncomplicated “answers.”
Note: Write scripts that your audience will want to follow. Filter out complex ideas and focus on the simple delivery of the answers and solutions.
4. Produce Quality Video Content
The availability of low-cost editing tools and smartphone cameras has made the production of video content more accessible than ever. However, for your videos to be best received, a quality standard must be maintained. Start with the following:
- Invest in quality camera equipment – ensure your video is HD resolution at a minimum
- Invest in lighting (your lighting can make or break your videos) – keep the light source facing and not behind or directy overhead
- Use editing software that can grow and diversify with your needs – one that doesn’t overly downgrade your video quality
- Use quality sound equipment (internal on the camera or external) – use a good microphone and eliminate background noise
Note: If not you, invest in someone or a team with the expertise to carry your video content production process from concept to completion. The combination of lighting, sound, and video resolution all contribute to your video being its best.
5. Develop a Video SEO Strategy
You read that correctly. SEO strategies are no longer reserved for websites and blog posts. Search engine optimization is highly relevant for video content, as evidenced by YouTube (owned by Google) becoming the second largest online search engine. Consider the following:
Use Relevant and Attractive Titles – In much the same way blog post titles are developed, your video title should be short and informative with keywords included.
Keyword placement – Like your title, video descriptions should be concise, using keywords, and offering a link to your website. Relevancy and simplicity go a long way for search engine optimization.
Use Tags with Purpose – While your keywords should dominate your tags, take into consideration what keyword variations and phrases your audience may be searching for and include them.
Video Thumbnails – Thumbnails are the first thing to lure an audience to your video content. Produce eye-catching thumbnails by using colorful, engaging, high-quality, and branded imagery.
Include a Video Sitemap – Communicate video content details to search engines by using a video sitemap in its code.
Using Links – Links that lead to your video are crucial for driving keyword search rankings.
Video Format Compatibility – As videos are viewed on multiple types and sized devices, they should be optimized for such viewing.
Note: Using irrelevant titles, tags, or poorly searched keywords and tags for your video content will only drive your audience and search engines to give preference to others who gave their attention to such details.
Video Content Creation Tools
Considering HD has become the standard and the video consumption explosion, consumers and viewers naturally gravitate to better quality material that concisely answers their questions and satisfies their interests. The following video creation and editing tools will help improve your video content quality:
ClipChamp – This software makes it easy for website and social media users to upload, record, and share high-quality video content using their free video editor, compressor, converter, and webcam recorder via practically any web browser. Website: clipchamp.com/en/ (offers free version)
Wipster – This is a cloud-based platform perfect for reviewing, approving, and collaborating on video production projects. Wipster brings distributed/remote teams together to seamlessly collaborate on digital media projects effectively and straightforwardly. Website: wipster.io (offers free trial)
Animaker – This online video content creation platform can be easily used by beginners, non-designers, and professionals and has a DIY interface with multiple templates and royalty-free video, images, titles, and music. Website: animaker.com (offers a free version + multiple paid packages)
Creating Quality Video Content
In this article, you discovered essential information about video content creation tools and five tips to empower you In making more engaging and effective video content.
Using excellent video editing software and knowing how to produce better-polished content will help you exceed quality standards and conversion expectations.
Haphazardly throwing videos together and neglecting basic video SEO strategies may leave your content seen as sloppy and irrelevant.